I signed a contract for security system monitoring on June 13 with APXAlarm, and my account was transferred (sold) to SAI, without my knowledge, shortly thereafter. I started having problems with my system in November, not long after the warranty expired... Go figure. The alarm code I was getting indicated that there was no signal available (cellular based alarm system). I cannot clear or bypass the code, so I cannot set the alarm to even go off locally (make a loud noise in my house) in the event of a break-in, much less have it send a signal to the company that is "monitoring" it.
I called APXAlarm about the problem (wasn't aware the account was transferred), and they sent someone out within a couple of weeks to check it out. The service man said that I had a weak cell signal. He was able to tweak the system so that it could connect, but said that I may need a different antennae (that was on backorder at the time) if I continued to have problems.
My system worked fine for a few months, and then on February 11 I again started getting the code that indicated that there was no signal available. I again called APXAlarm, and was informed that the system needed to be serviced by SAI. They transferred my call to SAI, and I was told that they did not have a tech in the area, but that they were working on finding a new one, and would call me as soon as possible.
As of today (12 May... Yes, 3 months later), I have called a total of 5 times and no tech has been sent out to my house, so my system is still not working. I have been told over and over that they were looking for a technician, that they would call me back as soon as possible, and that a technician would call shortly to set up a time to look at the system, but I still have a broken system. Amazing enough, the only thing they have not failed to do is charge me $44.99 a month for monitoring, of a system that does not work, go figure.
I got so fed up with them, that I asked about cancelling the contract, only to be told that I would be billed for the remainder of my contract (aprox. $1080.00) if I did. According to them, not having equipment that works does not release me from my end of the contract. They have told me repeatedly that I could ask for a refund for the time the system was down, once it's fixed... But can't seem to actually set a date or time to fix it. This is some of the worst customer service that I have ever encountered.