Complaint / review text:
Simply the worst online experience I've ever had!
Here is a list of reasons why:
1. We had to contact them to get an update on our order (one week after order was placed)
2. We were notified then that the furniture was being shipped directly from the manufacturer on 2/12 (2 weeks after placing the order) even though their website stated the furniture was " in stock and ready for delivery."
3. Finally received a notification that my furniture will be delivered in the morning on 2/23.
(3 weeks after placing the order)
3. The night before, I got rid of my old furniture to make room. The next morning received a call from AM Trucking (the delivery company) stating the driver is sick and my delivery will be rescheduled for the following week (which would have been 4 weeks after placing the order). A delivery company that only has 1 driver with no contingency plan?
4. I took the day off of work to be there for the delivery (lost a days pay)
On top of that, I had family coming in from out of town with no furniture!
5. One of the managers called me from a blocked ID number (nothing fishy about that, right? ) and tried to get me to not cancel the order.
6. I canceled the order because I was forced to do so and I did not want to do business with them any longer. They stated I would still have to pay the shipping and restocking fees (for furniture I had to wait almost a month to even get a delivery date for).
7. I was refunded some of my money, but did not refund the shipping and restocking fees of almost $300.00.
NONE OF THIS IS MY FAULT AND I SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR THEIR MISTAKES.
I blame Appliances Connection for the misleading information on the website and AM Trucking for mishandling the delivery. If you need to charge anyone, they should charge the delivery company for not doing their job.