Complaint / review text:
Merchant Lynx comes in. Two individuals; main Acct Mgr Tim Nardini and his protege Adam Mills. Alot of talking, alot of good tag team selling, but not being up front about costs and 'contract' you are signing.
1) They come in regarding merchant credit processing services. Since we have no 'store' there is no need to hardware and this was stated SEVERAL TIMES.
2) The first 'contract' was trashed because it included the hardware. So we get another contract going for the services only. Unbeknownst to us, the first 'contract' is the one that gets sent to First Data Global Leasing, and this locks us into the hardware 'contract'. Also fees for 'insurance' on the hardware.
3) Guy shows up to install hardware. We tell him emphatically that we did NOT order hardware and send him away.
4) Nardini comes back in and argues over the legalities of the 'contract' and that we agreed to the card processing machine. We argue. The CARBON COPY contract we have, does NOT include hardware. Nardini simply states that it is non terminating 'lease'. At this point, we do not have any hardware as it's been sent back. Nardini also comments that Adam Mills has been terminated for 'falsely selling contracts' when the customer was not buying a 'contract'. I think he was simply the scapegoat.
5) At this point (being billed for a service and machine we are not using nor have), we stop payment on the debit at our bank and start refuting charges.
6) I call Merchant Lynx and argue with them regarding what was signed and agreed to and what wasn't. They tell me to call First Data Global Leasing. I call them, they tell me I have to talk to Merchant Lynx. We call Merchant Lynx back, very rude. I ask for the manager, they give me Nardini's number and I call him, leave a msg. He calls back and starts arguing when I have the contract right in front of me. He is getting very irate ("do you want a copy of the lease"?). No we have one, and it does NOT include hardware and in fact we signed the WAIVER stating no hardware. Still arguing with us.
7) Today they fax us a copy of the 'contract'. It was the first one that was supposed to have been destroyed after we told them NO to hardware.
I am writing them a letter, reporting them to the BBB and sending a copy of the letter to the GA District Atty and the FL District Atty. I have not spoken to Phil Beniamino although I'm told this is Nardini's boss. So the letters will be addressed to him as well. I'll let you know how we make out.