I got Direct TV in June and have had contiunous difficulties with them since day one.
1. The time it takes for a service person to come and fix a problem ranges anywhere between 1 - 3 weeks.
2. Their supposed software upgrades wiped out my local tv channels and I never did get them back on one of my televisions even after a service person visited.
3. Direct TV was bundled with Verizon Phone Service. I cancelled Verizon on 11/30/07 and was assured all other bundles would be cancelled as well. I was charged on my credit card $144.00 for service I never received from Direct TV in 12/07. I have yet to get my money back.
4. I returned the receivers and was charged $516.00 anyway on my credit card. (1/21/08) I was refunded the money but to my Direct TV Account which was no longer in use. It took almost 3 months to have the charges credited to my credit card. I actually had to get my credit card company to assist me. This happened on 4/7/08.
5. I was just recently charged for a UFC PPV fight from 12/30/06. It showed up for the first time on my 4/21/08 bill. They have proceeded to take me to collections. I never did order this show and to have it show up on a bill 2 years later strikes me as fraudulent.
6. I have reported them to the FCC, BBB, Consumer Actions, and Satellite Industry Association. I have also written to the CEO certified copy receipt. I have been in an email battle with their customer service department as well. All so far to no avail.