Complaint / review text:
Hello, I saw quibids on quite a few website banners and did a quick check to see what other people were saying about them. However I must have missed all the problems otherwise i never would have signed up with them. Here is a account of what happened. It is as time accurate as possible however i may have missed certin things or a couple lines may be out of order.
1. Signed up with quibids using Google chrome
2. Used around 10-15 bids just trying to win
3. During this time won a $10 Wal-Mart gift card
4. Noticed they charged $2 for shipping 5. Logged into my bank site and noticed they had charged me twice 2 $75 joining fees 6. Was surprised since I never read anywhere I would be charged I thought it was 125 complementary bids.
7. Contacted support about issues.
8. Told them about the 2 $75 dollar charges, asked for a refund
9. Only refunded $30 not both $75 charges
10. Contacted support again they have no record of second $75 charge
11. Contacted citi to stop payment found out how to request stop payment.
12. Around 12:45 noticed second $75 disappeared.
13. Balance was now $25
14. Created a fake account with Firefox to see how site looked.
15. Noticed a new line talking about a $75 payment 16. Contacted support with information that I signed up using Google chrome and did not see the $75 charge line. It however it shows up in Firefox.
17.1:03am have not received any response back. 18. Checked quibids site with w3 validator noticed they had over 60 errors and 70 warnings on the site. This may have been the reason why I did not see the $75 charge
19. I would never have signed up if I had known about this charge.